Federation Presence Ethical Wall
Control your Skype for Business federation communications.
Enabling enhanced communication with partners and customers is an important element for increasing the speed of doing business. Faster communication leads to quicker turn-around time, which leads to shorter transaction times. Closing deals faster leads to more business and higher profits.
With enhanced business productivity enabled through Skype for Business (formerly known as Lync) federation, sharing too much information can put your business at risk from liability and corporate espionage. Such risks include:
- Visibility of presence information of all your users including executives
- Unrestricted communication between your users and external parties
- Disclosure of private information such as internal IP addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card information
Allowing unrestrained access to your users from federated partners and public network (Skype) at best can diminish productivity and at worse, lead to breaching of your network and funneling confidential corporation assets out of your organization.
Enforcing a communications policy to prevent such risks becomes an essential measure in securing your corporate assets. The Security Federation Filter and Security Sync Filter are part of the Security Filters suite of security products designed to enforce granular control of communications with external parties.
The Federation Presence Ethical Wall solution provides the following 3 main features:
- Presence control
- Modality control
- Compliance control
Presence control prevents federated users from seeing the presence of internal users unless explicitly granted. Internal users grant access to their presence by adding the federated user to their contact list.
Modality control enables administrators to restrict which modalities (IM, audio, video, file transfer, application sharing) are permitted between internal users and federated partners. This granular level of control can be applied at the individual user level, AD group level or SIP domain level.
Compliance control scans all outgoing messages for policy violation. If an outgoing message is determined to violate corporate compliance, it is blocked. Audit trail is recorded in the Security Filter Manager.
- Control presence information sharing
- Restrict communication modalities
- Scan IMs based on custom rules
- Filter out internal IP address at the protocol level
- Policies apply to 1-1 and multi-party communications
- Policies apply to Lync and Skype for Business meetings
- Policies enforced at SIP domain, Active Directory group or individual user levels
Each of the Security Filter products are integrated with the Security Filter Manager. The Security Filter Manager provides centralized logging and administration, making it simpler for administrators to manage all your instances of Security Filter components.